The reasons to create a healthier work environment are obvious. But how you define “healthier” and how you set out to make that a reality at your company is a matter of great debate today.
The wellness industry has grown significantly over the last few decades and this growth is predicted to accelerate due to PPACA. The approach has largely been to measure the health of employees through screenings, then create programs to correct unhealthy behaviors, and incentivize employees to participate – what is often referred to as the 4P’s of wellness – pry, poke, prod and punish. Opponents, who reject this approach, suggest that the ROI isn’t valid and, in fact, believe that it does more harm than good. Their dissent is grounded in the belief that wellness should not be something we do TO our employees, but something we do FOR them.
So where does that leave an employer who is truly interested in improving employee health and desires to build a culture of wellbeing?
We believe there is an intelligent approach to creating wellbeing that blends the appropriate screening and claims data with programs and culture change that create the conditions for employees to follow their intrinsic desire to be healthy.
Our strategy, called DiscoverHealth®, is designed to:
- Turn your employees into smart healthcare consumers and healthcare advocates for their own care
- Create centers of value that utilize the highest quality, best price providers
- Analyze your data and develop strategies that work best for your employee population
- Produce education and engagement activities that create the conditions for real change
- Take back primary care through the development of on-site and near-site healthcare centers.
As you can tell, this is different thinking. If you are ready to experience how this customized approach can create better outcomes for your company and your employees wellbeing, start a conversation with us today.
Get in touch with your inner wellbeing! Click here to learn more about monthly wellness events in the area!